Chewy, salty and sweet, 1-bowl, 1-pan, Makes 12 DELICIOUS goodness cookies.
There’s a LONG note in my phone with all my favorite things I’ve baked / cooked / thrown together - for the hypothetical restaurant that the world needs but that I am not going to give it.
Here’s one thing I made this week that I am OBSESSED with.
PALEO CHOC CHIP + CHIA SEED COOKIES
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp chia seeds + extra (sprinkling)
1/4 tsp sea salt + extra (sprinkling)
1/4 tsp allspice (or garam masala or cinnamon + nutmeg or cardmom)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, crack the egg + beat it. Add in melted (+ COOLED) coconut oil,
maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
3. Add in almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, chia seeds, and allspice or
alt spice. Mix well until it forms a dough. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Grease a large cookie sheet and using a tablespoon, gently drop dough balls onto your cookie sheet about 1” apart.
5. Sprinkle a small pinch of salt and medium pinch of chia seed on each ball. Gently flatten the balls until they are all thick little discs (they will not spread much when
6. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
7. If you’re feeling extra, serve warm with a generous dollop of homemade whipped cream, another pinch of chia seeds, and fresh berries...
*Bonus points if you bake to your fav tunes + visualize sending good intentions to your food and the world.